Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Playing Hurt

This past Sunday at church the pastor preached on "Playing Hurt". Sometimes we live life under unoptimal conditions. When this happens we have a choice: we could choose to quit, just to give up and go home or we could play hurt. The pastor pointed out that if we quit then we won't see the reward of continuing on. I thought to myself, "That was a great message. I will have to remember that when things get tough again." Little did I know I was going to use that message the next day!

I get back spasms. Sometimes they last a few days and sometimes I am on the couch for a week and I am the most ridiculous looking thing walking around.

My back spasmed again yesterday and today I am missing class. I know that the Lord has brought me here and I know that He will bring me through. How will I lead a team if my back spasms again in the middle of no where? I don't know but I trust the Lord will come through again like He has done in the past. And I trust that if the Lord has brought me here that He isn't going to leave me here but He will provide a way.

Please pray for my back. Pray that my muscles loosen and that walking wouldn't hurt so much. Pray that my spirit stays strong and that I will take Joy in playing hurt.

1 comment:

the brannans said...

HI Britt. I noticed you have "spam" comments. Well, this one is real. We are proud of you and wish we could be there too practicing our espanol. We'll keep praying for you.