Thursday, June 5, 2008

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverb 16:9

This is one of the scriptures the Lord brought to my attention back in the middle of February. It made me wonder: if a man plans his course by his heart then how does he not mess it up? How do you know if what your heart wants is what the Lord wants?

Then I was lead to Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." So what you are telling me, Lord, is if I delight myself in you (which means that I choose you and surrender all that I am and all that I want to what you want) then you will set in my heart my desires. And then you say that I can plan out how to achieve these desires and you will guide me? That is quite the deal if you ask me.

And this is just what I did. Costa Rica was a stretching time for me and a series of events drove me to dig into Jesus and delight in Him often. During this time my love for Jesus multiplied and soon He began opening my heart more to a dear friend of mine back home. I was home for a few days when Kyle McAllister pleasantly surprised me and asked if I would marry him. With a giant smile on my face I said, "Yes!"

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! We are so excited about what Jesus is doing!!!! A lot of friends and family have offered to help us with wedding plans since I will be out of the country during the majority of our engagement. I will be finished with Book of Hope sometime in August of 2009 and we look forward to getting married in September of 2009.

I will be leaving Ohio June 9th and headed to Honduras on the 10th. I will be there for about 3 weeks helping to lead a few 10 day teams. I will go back to Florida for a week or so on July 2nd and then out to Cuba at the end of July. Book of Hope has been distributing books in Cuba for years but we will be the first American team to go!!! Please be praying for all needed paper work to be filled out and accepted and that we wouldn't lose anything while traveling. Pray for good health and happy spirits because you know how miserable anything can be if you are sick :) Thank you!

I also added a couple of pictures of Kyle and I :)



1 comment:

The Ericksons said...

Yeah! We are very happy for you brit. Congratulations! Can't wait what the Lord will do with you this next year. if you need help let us know.