Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hello From Honduras

Wow!!! I have only been in Honduras for a little over a week and I am blown away by what God is doing here  I flew into Honduras on June 11th and met up with a team of 22 mostly high school aged young adults on June 12th. Another missionary lady with Book of Hope named Pat was training me up to get me ready for the trip I would be leading on my own next week. We took a 7 ½ hour bus ride from the airport to a bible institute which we called “home” for 4 days.

One day we walked door to door inviting the community to that week’s church service and asking if they knew Jesus personally. We stopped at one house and spoke to a lady that had a small child, he was probably 2 or 3 years old. We asked if she had a personal relationship with Jesus and she said no. We were able to share with her how God sent Jesus to die not just for the world but for her specifically because His love is personal and He loved her very much. We explained that this whole “God-thing” isn’t about getting her into church but about a personal relationship with Jesus. Though she did not give her life to Jesus right then and there she was open to having someone from the church return and share more with her at a later date.

“I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.” 1 Corinthians 3:6-7

We are not out here for numbers or another notch on our belts. We are out here to share the truth and love of Jesus. I want to thank you again for being apart of that….whether through financially giving each month or through praying for me or even if you pray for the mission. Thank you for praying for workers and the individual people who are out there living their daily lives without Jesus. They need you. They need you to give. They need you to pray. They need you to go. Thank you for what ever part you are playing right now and for what ever part the Lord may have in store for you in the future.

Next up…Pat and I are resting up this weekend and on Monday Pat’s next team comes in. I will be hanging out and helping out where ever I can. My next team comes in on June 27th. Please pray for the team to get to Honduras safely and that they would be pumped and excited for what the Lord is going to do. Pray for servant hearts. Please pray that our words would be effective and that through our lives that God would change the lives of others. Thank you  And I will write again as soon as I can! I tried to add pictures but the computer I am using would not allow it....bummer!!! So hopefully next time!

No comments: