Saturday, July 5, 2008

Jesus in the Mountains of Honduras

We, my team and I, were all sitting on the tiny stage in front of the tiny, tiny church. We almost had to sit in the car during the movie because I didn't think there was going to be enough room for all of us inside. Instead we all sat behind the screen. We were showing the GodMan for the 4th or 5th night in a row; our clothes drenched in sweat with more beads rolling down our faces. The Pastor's wife had brought us an oscillating fan but the team had decided to fan the small children in the front instead of cooling themselves down. The faces of the kids were mesmerized as the story of Jesus unfolded in front of their eyes. One of the ladies from my team tapped me on the shoulder and motioned me to look up at the rafters. There was a small slot between where the roof came together with the walls and in that small amount of room you could see little heads popping out. The church was so full that the kids were climbing up on the roof to peer in and watch the movie!!! About 120 people crammed into a room that probably held 50 comfortably and all together we watched the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. When the movie ended and we asked how many children, young people and adults wanted to be friends with Jesus everyone raised their hands.

It is moments like these that make all the frustrating, lonely, and seemingly impossible moments melt away. It is moments like these that help remind me why I am doing what I am doing. You know, it really is true that you see the face of Jesus in every one of those kids when they look at you and smile.

I hope and pray that Jesus fills you today with His spirit. That you would feel His presence all around you, His fingertips guiding you, and the pure love that He has for each and every one of His children would overflow from you onto everyone you encounter today. Amen


I am chatting it up with some kids at their school after doing a presentation and giving each one of them a Book of Hope :)


A beautiful young lady from one of our schools. I kept trying to get a picture of her smiling but she would throw her hand up at the last minute.... :) Even still she is beautiful!

1 comment:

the brannans said...

Britt, I tear up when I read your stories. Praise the Lord for His truth and for those who are spreading it. I will be praying for your support to increase.