Friday, July 11, 2008

A Change of Plans

"So I’ll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all

So I’ll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours"

~The Stand by Hillsong

What do you do when things don't go as you had planned? What if "worst case scenario" happened? My first response is always to scream then shortly followed by a bout of hysterical crying. But this time I learned the best thing I can do is to throw my hands in the air and worship Him for who He is and not for what He does for me.

Truth be told...I'm coming home!!! Being a missionary is a team sport and without monthly supporters it is difficult to stay on the field. Over the past couple of months I have slowly been losing my financial supporters so I must come home and pick up new ones. The plan now is: Cuba July 23rd-August 10th, Home August 12th, back to the field August 26th. The next Nomad internship (the 4 month trip) begins August 27th and I was scheduled to lead one of them so I would like to be back in time to still be a part of it.

I hope to be sending out a newsletter sometime early next week to let my friends and family know who don't have Internet access, but I wanted you all to know sooner than later so that you could be praying with me. Next week I will be calling pastors to set up times to meet and talk about potential financial support. Please pray for the Lord's favor and be praying 1 Peter 4:11 over me:

"If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."

Amen!!

Also if you know anyone who might be interested in supporting a missionary or you have a church that might be willing to meet and talk with me please let me know. Thank you for being a part of my team. Thank you for your love and support. Without it, well, I'm in Ohio sleeping on a friend's couch instead of in Africa sleeping on the ground :)


I wanted to show you Pat. She is the amazing Lady that I spent most of my time in Honduras with. We are so much alike that my nickname is "Mini Me" :)


Here I was talking with a group of kids at a school. I think they thought I was funny because I spoke poor Spanish. Either way, it was a blast!

1 comment:

Erin Comden said...

Michelle,
I'm praying for you! That God will bless you through this "trial" and that you will lean on Him and TRUST Him no matter the outcome.
Sending you love,
Erin