Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back from Mexico!

Yes, I'm back already! I guess it seems so much shorter compared to my 3 or 4 months away but when your days begin at 8:30am for breakfast and end at 9:30pm after dinner a week of ministry can feel really long. My team of 10 women and myself went to Monterrey, Mexico to minister to children in orphanages, children in hospitals and woman at different churches. We handed out many copies of the Book of Hope and lots of the Salvation bracelets (Which is a piece of leather with 5 different colored beads on it. Each color bead represents a different part of the salvation story. They are very helpful!) I was able to connect quite quickly and easily with the women on my team especially after having the flu with one of them and having 2 of the other ladies taking care of us. I am feeling better now but I am still a little tired. I will be sending out a newsletter with more pictures and details, until then enjoy these:




One of the views from my hotel window. Aren't the mountains amazing!?!?!





Just SOME of the goodies we were able to hand out to the kiddies while we were there :)





We did some face painting at the orphanages....but I guess from this picture you can't tell :) The kids loved it so much we started painting their arms too!




Me and "Peanut" which we named the little girl that I carried around with me all day at one of the orphanages. She was tiny and sooooo adorable!

1 comment:

Mamasmo said...

yay!!!!! sounds amazing...I cant wait to see you soon :)