Saturday, November 8, 2008

It Never Gets Easier...

It is only Jesus that can bring people together for just a week and make me cry when I leave. After 14 months, 10 countries and 8 teams it hasn't gotten any easier to say good-bye. This past week (in 5 days!!!) We were able to reach roughly 15,724 kids with the Book of Hope (God's Word) in 24 presentations. That is sooo many kids and with an estimated 5 people who read each book that is possibly 78,620 lives reached!!! Now lets just keep praying that these lives would be transformed by the books and by the power of the Holy Spirit.

One day I had the privilege of standing in front of 2 different groups of 700 ladies (it was an all girls school) and tell them my story. I told them how I wanted to feel special, feel loved, feel important. I told them how I tried to fill my empty heart with different things, mostly guys. When this didn't seem to be working I started to question my purpose here on earth and if it was even worth living anymore. I felt lonely, lost, and really sad. Then just at the right moment a now friend stopped to tell me about the goodness of our God and that I did have a purpose for my life. I told them how trusting in Jesus has changed my life drastically and that there is this same hope for them. Some of the girls were crying by the time I was finished and all I could do was praise Jesus for pulling me out of the deep dark pit and thank Him for His goodness that He offers new hope for anyone who is willing to accept it. I am not the only one that He can and will save.

Thank you for your support and your prayers...you have reached many people with the message of Jesus and your prayers have been heard!

The all girls school I was talking about. This is roughly the view we had from the stage...there were so many of them! It was amazing being able to speak into their lives and tell them how important and special they are!


This is my friend, Skippy (Jonathan) and myself on the bus we rode around in all week. Jonathon is probably the coolest 18 year old I know with a huge heart for missions and he is a great servant!!




We got to do an extra school not on the schedule in between our scheduled schools. We stopped in and talked to preschoolers about Jesus :) There were about 170 of them and they were soooo adorable!!!!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Oh Britt,
Your stories are always so encouraging!!
I love you and I am so proud of you!!!

Praise Jesus for what He is doing through you!!