Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ingwavuma, South Africa

Greetings from Africa!!!

So we have officially finished our first week of schools!! I never thought making a fool of myself in front of kids would be so much fun. They laugh a lot and they sing beautifully. They teach them when they start school to sing and they do it all of the time. Most of their songs are about worshiping Jesus. It takes my breath away listening to it. Ashley White you would love it here!!!!

In case you want to find me on a map I am living in Ingwavuma, South Africa. I am here until Friday and then I will be heading around South Africa with my team leader, Daneli. We are leading a 10 day team and should be back to Ingwavuma October 9th.

Last week we went to 7 schools and we had an oppurtunity to visit a men's prison. About 50 men and boys got to hear how Jesus loved them very much and that He had a plan and a purpose for each of them. After that me and 2 other ladies went to a hospital and read a kids book about HIV/AIDS to about 20 mothers and small children. I got to hold an itty bitty baby and pray for her.

I will put more pictures on here as soon as I can. Internet is really slow as you can imagine :)

I forgot to ask...Josh, how did your wheat bread work out for ya?

The children are beautiful and they smile, when you get it out of them. Please pray that Jesus would meet them where they are and that they would read their books. I love you all very much!! Thank you for all your support!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Brit,
I feel that God is laying it on my heart to support you more in your missions. I will be sending you another $50 a month starting this month. God bless and keep up the good work!

Mama Thorn

Dad said...

Brittany,
I love seeing your pictures and reading about all your adventures. I hope it is all you expected and more. Stay safe and can't wait to see you and hear all about your travels.
Love Dad

Josh Latham said...

Thanks for asking...

I got through about half the loaf.