Friday, September 28, 2007

What I have been up to...

This past Tuesday and Wednesday our team lead a camp for some young adults in Ingwavuma. We wanted to inspire them to volunteer and get involved with community. They all had dreams and aspirations, they just needed to hear that they could do it!! A lot of them wanted to know how to share the Gospel.

I met a girl named Amanda. She was very outspoken and had eyes to see where a lot of her community's needs were. She wanted to see changes and she really has the personality to do it! When our camp came to a close she was crying. One of our ladies went over to see what was wrong and it turns out that being with us Amanda realized that she had not delt with the pain of losing her two younger sisters and aunt in an accident last year. We were able to pray with her. She left smiling and excited to be apart of her community changing.

While someone else was with Amanda I was with a young lady named Cwalile (pronounced with a click). I went over to her because I felt like I was supose to pray for her. I asked her what I could pray for and I expected her to say for her family--she wanted to see them as believers in Jesus. Or I thought she would ask for boldness to witness because she had mentioned earlier that she wanted to be able to tell more people about Jesus. Instead this 17 year girl who wanted to be a nurse when she graduated asked me to pray that God would heal her of something in her blood. She said she was very sick and had been for a few years and though she could not explain it in english, she said something was in her blood. She asked that I would pray for her faith because the sickness had affected her faith. I prayed so hard for her in those few minutes that God would heal her, that He would be glorified through the healing and that her faith would only increase and see her through. She said thank you and walked away smiling.

At church on Sunday I sat by my friend Sean. He was telling me about what he was reading in the Bible and behind us sat our team leaders. They were talking with a young lady that said it was her first time to church. She was holding her bother's baby and telling Liz and Daneli how our team came into her school and gave her a Book of Hope. She read through it and was triggered by the part about a future. She asked her sister if she could go to church with her and so she came.

These are just a few stories of some of the lives the Lord is working through. Thank you for your support. Please pray for the above ladies, I know they would appriciate it! I love you all!

3 comments:

Josh Latham said...

Britt, those are amazing stories!!

Live it up, sister. You're living a purpose filled life.

Keep doing good!

Unknown said...

Hey I e-mailed you my mom's info. Looking forward to seeing pictures! :)

Ashley said...

Awesome Britt! :)

(I ate a zebra cake your way yesterday ;) Love you.)